Archdiocese of Glasgow, Scotland

4 AUG 13

August 4, 2013 by  
Filed under Announcements

YEAR OF FAITH PLAQUE with the names of the present congregation has been installed next to the pulpit.
STAINED GLASS There was some money and materials left and the artist Lorraine Lamond has taken the time to commemorate the first 4 priests (with the dates of their time here) in the parts of the pulpit side windows which survived the 1955 installation of boilers. The priests are
Fr Daniel Gallaugher (1855 – 1883) founder of St Peter’s Parish
Fr John Maguire (1883 – 1886) later Archbishop of Glasgow
Fr Angus MacFarlane (1886 – 1899) later Bishop of Dunkeld
Fr Michael McNairney (1899 – 1903) who built the new church in Hyndland St

Comments are closed.